We love cooking an oven beef roast every week. It makes for a delicious supper and then we use the leftovers as cold cut meat for sandwiches. With minimal time and minimal effort, you can make an excellent meal to serve to your family and friends.
Some common beef roast cuts that we use for oven beef roasts are prime rib roasts, sirloin tip roasts, outside round roasts, inside round roasts and a cross rib roasts.
Beef Roast Cooking Directions
- Let your roast sit at room temperature, for approximately 1 hour to allow for more even cooking
- Preheat your oven to 425°.
- Rub your desired seasoning all over the roast. Some of my preferred seasonings include a mixture of olive soil, garlic, butter, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- If desired, insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into the centre of the roast. Make sure to avoid fat and any bone.
- Place roast in roasting pan, uncovered.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325° and roast until desired doneness. Be sure to take the roast out of the oven when the inside temperature of the roast is about 5 degrees less than your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for approximately 15 minutes before serving.